Attorneys at Law

Nerve Injuries

Utah Nerve Injury LawyerIn the vast majority of cases, nerve damage is temporary when properly diagnosed and treated. In cases where nerve damage is neglected and left untreated, the affected body part or bodily system can deteriorate over time. It is possible, in these cases, for the damage to become permanent and for the victim to suffer an irreversible loss of function.  Sometimes certain drugs, like gentamicin, can result in substantial and irreversible nerve damage.

If a doctor failed to properly diagnose or treat your condition and you suffered permanent damage as a result, you may have grounds for a medical malpractice claim. While the health care provider will likely try to hide behind the defense that “accidents just happen,” when a doctor, nurse, or other provider does act within the standard of care, they are liable to compensate you for your injuries.  Negligent acts and omissions of health care providers can result in significant harm and substantial damages.

In some instances, injuries can result in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (“CRPS”), formerly known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (“RSD”). CRPS is a chronic pain condition in which high levels of nerve impulses are sent to an affected site. Experts believe that CRPS occurs as a result of dysfunction in the central or peripheral nervous systems.  It is a chronic systemic disease characterized by severe pain, swelling, and changes in the skin. CRPS is expected to worsen over time.

Attorney Ryan M. Springer represents clients who have suffered injuries that resulted in long-term nerve damage. Whether you were injured in an accident that was caused due to the negligence of another or by medical malpractice, he has the experience and the insight to properly handle your case. He seeks to hold negligent medical professionals accountable for the harm their mistakes cause and seek maximum compensation for your suffering.

Contact Ryan for a free, no obligation consultation and an evaluation of your case by calling (801) 502-8735, or by filling out the submission form below.